Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2010 4:02:09 PM EDT
What is a good fitting bore guide yall use? and what is a good cleaning rod?

Ive been looking at this guide
http://www.bosesguns.com/product_p/dewm16b.htm

But I cant decide one the right cleaning rod. I know dewey makes one but they make coated and carbon fiber. Not sure of the benefit or cons of either.

Also, Im looking to get one rod that will be good for my AR, 30-30, and Rem 700 .270.  SO what length of rod do yall think would be good for all three weapons?

Obvious the Rem 700 is the longest barrel at 24 inches.
Link Posted: 6/10/2010 4:06:01 PM EDT
[#1]
As for the AR bore guide I've used the JP Enterprises guide for a while and have yet to find anything better.

Link
Link Posted: 6/10/2010 4:12:59 PM EDT
[#2]
For general comparative shopping check Sinclair.

They were bought out by Brownells.  

Sinclair.

I use the 'Sinclair AR-15 Rod Guide and Link Kit' on that page, myself.

Link Posted: 6/14/2010 3:53:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you able to get a bore brush through the JP Enterprises rod guide?
Link Posted: 6/14/2010 4:26:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
As for the AR bore guide I've used the JP Enterprises guide for a while and have yet to find anything better.

Link

Perhaps a Lucas bore guide. I haven't got mine yet but I have one on order. Supposed to be the best.
Link Posted: 6/15/2010 6:28:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/15/2010 7:31:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I use a lucas with a tipton rod
Link Posted: 6/15/2010 7:38:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I love my Tipton carbon fiber rod

Me too. Just got it and was very pleased with the quality. Can use it on the .30-30 as well.
Link Posted: 6/18/2010 2:10:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Are you able to get a bore brush through the JP Enterprises rod guide?

yes
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:15:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't know what the cons are to the carbon rod, if any.  But I have a dewey with the plastic coating –– you have to watch it or it can get gouged.  I cleaned my mosin-nagant and didn't pull the trigger to bring the hammer down.  The hammer gouged the plastic coating, so it was pretty much toast.

I never used a bore guide before, until Tipton just sent me their Rapid Deluxe Bore Guide Kit.  I likeit, it's nice.  Check it out at their website.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 3:40:59 AM EDT
[#10]
I use a Bore Tech 30" rod with a  JP Enterprise bore guide.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Lucas / Tipton CF
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top