Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2009 8:58:37 AM EDT
Did a search on ARFCOM came up with nothing
I remember hearing about this stuff awhile ago, then while on Midway website yesterday I saw it and went to the Gun Butter website to find out more

Basically from what I've read you : Clean firearm with a Non -Lube Cleaner ( Brake or Carb Cleaner ), then apply Gun Butter

After doing this you never have to clean your weapon with a Solvent ever again ( Don't know if that includes the Bore )

Sounds too good to be true

Any users ?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:46:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never used it, but I made an inquiry in order to sell the stuff.

I was not impressed with the attitude of whoever I spoke with. Very arrogant, putting down all other products as inferior while talking his product up to the point of becoming aggravating.

I decided I just don't want carry the product, I can get other mainstream well known lubricants without the attitude
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 3:41:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've never used it, but I made an inquiry in order to sell the stuff.

I was not impressed with the attitude of whoever I spoke with. Very arrogant, putting down all other products as inferior while talking his product up to the point of becoming aggravating.

I decided I just don't want carry the product, I can get other mainstream well known lubricants without the attitude

I think we talked to the same fellow.He was also talking down about other products.. i just hung up on him after i could not get in a word in.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:27:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I really hate salesman like that. They think by not letting anyone else get a word in, they are sure to sell the product, but they just seem like complete assholes instead.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:59:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I been using it on my pistols only, and they do just wipe clean. I read an article a while back when it was compared to slp2000, miltec 1, and weapon shield. It didn't seem to prevent rust as good as the others, It's a great lube, but not as good of a rust protector, plus the $13 price tag for such a little bottle.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:34:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I recently became a dealer for them, and have had a lot of conversations with Mark.  In my (albeit relatively short) time dealing with him, I have never heard him berate another product.  IMHO, he's a nice guy selling a great product.

I'm a member of another infamous SOF site and have sent some to some members there, don't want to break any rules by mentioning another site so I won't spell it out.  I use it on all my guns (I compete in both GSSF and IDPA) and swear by it.  I have a lot of 1911s and every one of them feels like it's on rails after I put this product on it, my other weapons too.  My former gunsmith, the world famous Tommy Abernathy (of Tommy Gunz fame) used it and his son Jeff is carrying the legacy.  He's the one that turned me onto it, and is currently a pistolsmith for Para.

The bottles are small, I'll give you that, but the amount you need to put on a weapon is tiny for the payout you get.  

I am currently a banker, but I have a military background.  I am in no way paid by Gun Butter.  I was using Castrol Syntec as a lube for most of my weapons after someone who shoots for a living in a very secretive unit told me that's what he and his team used, but this stuff has more viscosity.  Sorry if I spelled that wrong.

For what it's worth, I'm sorry if you had a bad experience with Mark.  Whether you like him or not, the product speaks for itself and is worth a try.  

Scotty (same moniker as the other site)
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top