Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2009 11:32:58 AM EDT
I have the need to put some long guns in long term storage due to the high price of ammo, I do not reload. I was looking at using Zcorr FSP bags. They cost  $13.00 for each bag. What would be to proper way to prepare these long guns for extended storage? They will all be cleaned prior to storage. I will keep them in a unheated summer home in northern Wisconsin where it gets 35 below zero in the winter. I assume that the scopes have to come off the scoped rifles. One of the rifles is an M1 Garrand with a walnut stock, the rest of the stocks are synthetic. What products should i use, and should i grease the inside of the barrels?
http://www.zcorrproducts.com/index.html
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 1:25:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 1:34:29 PM EDT
[#2]

I have to say, that I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but the search function is useless to me. I rarely get any results, even when I know the subject has been discussed within the past day or two. I find it very frustrating, especially after getting no results and then starting a thread, only to be told to do a search.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 2:23:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top