Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2008 4:05:47 AM EDT
How many of you guys use these?

I've yet to hear anything negative about them.  It touts "worry free long term storage without the need of oils or grease".  Can anyone attest to this?

I've yet to have a problem with rust, but would like to pick some of these up soon.  I like the idea of doing a regular cleaning/lubing, throwing the rifles in these, and not worrying about rust.

So how good are these?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:14:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
How many of you guys use these?

I've yet to hear anything negative about them.  It touts "worry free long term storage without the need of oils or grease".  Can anyone attest to this?

I've yet to have a problem with rust, but would like to pick some of these up soon.  I like the idea of doing a regular cleaning/lubing, throwing the rifles in these, and not worrying about rust.

So how good are these?

I read threads on here about guys worried about storing guns for 6 months.

I've had guns in bore stores for 6 YEARS with no problems.

Worth every penny.

I have a sword with a pitted pommel - (pommel was sticking out of bore store case).  Pommel was bright orange iwith rust when I got back to it - blade was good as new, cuddled up in the bore store sleeve.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:18:24 AM EDT
[#2]
6 years?!?!? Dayuuuuuum!

That's the kind of response I was hoping for.  I won't be storing any of my guns for nearly that long, so I guess I'm good to go.

Did lube/oil anything more than normal?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:27:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Worth every penny.

I have a sword with a pitted pommel - (pommel was sticking out of bore store case).  Pommel was bright orange iwith rust when I got back to it - blade was good as new, cuddled up in the bore store sleeve.

You know, I bought metric ass-load of Bore Stores based on your sword/pommel story.  I had rust develop on the frame of a Colt 1911 and a Weaver scope tube . . . both stored in Bore Stores, in my safe, with a dehumidfier rod, and a dessicant pot.

I like them because they keep my stuff from banging around into each other, but for rust protection, you need to use the tried and true method of "lots of oil" . . .
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 9:32:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Worth every penny.

You know, I bought metric ass-load of Bore Stores based on your sword/pommel story.  I had rust develop on the frame of a Colt 1911 and a Weaver scope tube . . . both stored in Bore Stores, in my safe, with a dehumidfier rod, and a dessicant pot.

I like them because they keep my stuff from banging around into each other, but for rust protection, you need to use the tried and true method of "lots of oil" . . .

Weird - heck, you've seen how poorly I clean some of my guns (it takes effort to get a Garand so gummed up it won't extract).  I always do use lots of oil when I store, though.  Did this happen during your last move?

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 9:34:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
6 years?!?!? Dayuuuuuum!

That's the kind of response I was hoping for.  I won't be storing any of my guns for nearly that long, so I guess I'm good to go.

Did lube/oil anything more than normal?

I spray everything down with a thick coat of CLP.  I had sprayed that above-mentioned pommel as well.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:08:12 AM EDT
[#6]
It's like the Holy Grail for me!  no shit!    

Look at where I live, I cannot say enough good things about Bore Stores.  They are really a life saver for me; protects my guns better than anything else I've tried.  

I had a good friend that worked at the local gun store and I told him about BS.  He tried it and also loved it.  Long story short, he convinced the owner to carry these in the store and they have been selling these all with excellent results.  

And btw, I've been using mines for almost 10 yrs!!   no rust, no problems whatsoever!  (knock on wood).     Of course, I always oil down my weapons w/ a coat of Sentry Solutions Tuff-Glide before I store them away.   They're so cheap you can't afford not to try them.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:10:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll think I'll order a few when I order some other stuff.  At least for my AR's.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:28:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I use them with great results....If I know a gun is going to put away for an extended time I will use a product by Breakfree called Collector it is very thick preservative oil then put it in the sock.

I took one of my old mans shot guns out of the case other day to check it 3years  with not a sign of rust..... Collector and a Borestore sock
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top