=Chamber Brush
=CLP Solvent
=Bore Reflector
=Cleaning pads
=30 inch flexible Rod
=Chamber Rod
=5.56 Cal Bore Brush
=Color Instructional Guide to weapon cleaning

Also, how long does it typically take you guys to clean your gun after you're done shooting for the day?

What are locking lugs?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a good start. You might want to get a BIG bag of patches, a BIG can of CLP and a jar of Hoppes #9 or the bore solvent of your choice. Also a black t-shirt helps in wiping down the rifle. A cheap paint brush helps in getting the exterior clean too.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:41:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Looks like a good start. You might want to get a BIG bag of patches, a BIG can of CLP and a jar of Hoppes #9 or the bore solvent of your choice. Also a black t-shirt helps in wiping down the rifle. A cheap paint brush helps in getting the exterior clean too.

I have a jar of Hoppes #9 solvent that I use on my 10/22, and a decent size bag of patches for .22.

Do I need Hoppes Copper Solvent?

What's the preferred CLP on here?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:35:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Break Free CLP will work as an oil (CLP). It is the one that just about every other oil manuf compares there oil to.  Has to say somthing about breakfree.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Break Free CLP will work as an oil (CLP). It is the one that just about every other oil manuf compares there oil to.  Has to say somthing about breakfree.

What about that stuff on the far right?  Took this at a local Wal-Mart
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:04:04 AM EDT
[#5]
That is break free CLP.  I just dont get it a walmart.  Usally I'll pick a 4oz bottle at my local gunstore when I am goeeting some other supplies. He  is a Miltec and G96 pusher, so I like to have him order me some fp-10 when I am there as well.

outers and rem oil I personally would leave on the shelf.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:32:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

dubisteinspundloch.com/Picture4.jpg

What about that stuff on the far right?  Took this at a local Wal-Mart

That be it!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:42:09 AM EDT
[#7]
If those are your only options, go for the BreakFree.  I have also used the Foaming Bore Cleaner (far left) and it does a pretty good job at getting out copper.  

If you can find it (at a gun store), I would recommend the FP-10 that Gregory K mentioned earlier.  Better than any of the Walmart options.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top