Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2005 2:19:25 AM EDT
I am running an integrally suppressed 9mm AR15.  When I put about 200 rounds through it the cycling starts to drag very bad.  It is obvious the weapon with the extra gases from the suppressor is causing excess residue within the gun.  I think my normal lube "hoppes" is starting to "gum" or "paste-up" with the residue causing problems.  Is dry-lube something I should pursue or not at all?  Any leads where to get the stuff?  I did do a search and didn't really get any help here thus far.  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:58:19 AM EDT
[#1]
TRy a newer better lube ie BF clp, fp-10, tw-25b, slip 200. These lubes will not break down and "gum" up so fast.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:46:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Hoppes also makes a dry lub, aerosal type, not sure how good it is.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top