Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2004 12:47:44 PM EDT
I have had a couple of friends suggest Gun Juice to me, but I thought that some additional opinions would help before I spent some REAL money on it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:20:27 PM EDT
[#1]
If no one has tried it, then maybe I shouldn't risk it.  Their website claims that Gun Juice is a dry lube that bonds/welds itself to the metal parts so that when it dries the metal won't wear.  When it costs $32 for 4 oz. that is a pretty expensive experiment......
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:25:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I got some just to try.  It does clean out black stuff off BC's.  I just work too many hours to get to the range and play.  I'm really interested in seeing its anti-corrosion caricteristics.  I need some real good long term foul weather protection stuff.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:05:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been using it for about 4 years, on every gun I own.
It is the best stuff that I've ever found.
No "gooey" coating left all over the parts to attract dirt.
It simply makes the metal very slick, and has no "goo".
I've also applied it into my benchrest gun barrels, and it actually did make them more accurate, and much less prone to wear out.
It is a "one time only" treatment, so you don't need to keep re-applying it after cleaning. It stays in the metal for the life of the gun.

I also have put their other products into my car and motorcycle engines after break-in, and they were the best anti-friction product I ever tried. I blew a hose in my Jag one day on the highway, and drove all the way to a gas station on just the oil cooling alone(which is not a good idea, but I did it anyway). The engine didn't get blown, it was still good. Gas mileage got better, and it felt a little quicker too.

Everybody in my shooting group has changed over the Microlon, and we all really like it.

However, it is not a grease, so if you need a grease, then get the Microlon grease.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:45:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the response, skypilot and twl.  If I use the 'juice' do I have to use the 'grease' as well?  From what I have read I thought that the juice alone would act as a dry lube.  Does it ever break down to the point of needing to be re-applied?  The theory of this stuff goes against all of my past training and experience.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top