Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2003 4:40:57 PM EDT
I have a jewell 2 stage trigger installed.  I have had it for about exactly 2 years (birthday present).  It has always functioned perfectly.  So far, I really have not done anything to maintain the trigger.  I have not cleaned the trigger at all since installed, it always looked clean enough and worked great.  I did not use loctite on the adjustment screws, as I believe my instructions said it was not necessary.  I do however clean the rest of the rifle and lube it after each day of use, I keep the gun REALLY clean-the bolt assy gets detailed every shooting.  Today my AR doubled at the range.  I almost wrote it off as a fluke but as I stood there getting ready to pull the trigger again, I felt some resistance at the first stage and possibly some grittyness.  I am pretty sure I had not even started to pull the first stage, I just applied pressure and felt the resistance.  I cleared the rifle and dry fired a couple times, it felt normal again.  How do I clean the trigger mechanism?  Can I just spray with CLP or will that leave too much residue to collect grime?  I need some advice on the best way to maintain the Jewell, ALL info is appreciated.

Thanks,
--Dan
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top