Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2003 1:31:29 PM EDT
Hello,

I am completely new to the world of Dri-Lubes. I just bought some Hoppes Dri-Lube. In the directions, it says to wipe away any over-spray. My question is, with the dri-lube, when i spray it i get a lot of white stuff is that over spray? Should I wipe that away or leave it?

Thanks,
Nick
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 6:14:41 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone know?
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 10:11:47 PM EDT
[#2]
havnt used the hoppes...i have used remington's dri lube on magazines and they advise to wipe away any overspray (which does turn white)...just a quick blast on my mags seems to work well....from my experience too much can ruin a good thing...if you get a white hazy film youve used too much !
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 7:50:48 AM EDT
[#3]
The Dri-Lube is basically Teflon in an alcohol carrier.  When it dries the Teflon is left behind, that's the white stuff you see.  By "overspray" they are talking about removing it from surfaces you don't want it on.  

This stuff is great.  I use it on my carry guns, and on my home defense shotgun that spends most of its time under the bed, where regular oils seem to be awfully bad about collecting dust.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top