Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2003 4:51:59 PM EDT
What size is that damn thing!?
Man i need to know what size the pin(or the punch for the pin) is that holds the gas tube into the gas block .....man it is so damn tiny
and if anybody has a punch that will fit that is made of steel please email me with a good price and you got a sale. i put a gas tube in upside down on one of my uppers
YES lmao upside down have no clue how i did it must be AR magic
THANKS fellas
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 5:59:53 PM EDT
[#1]
The punch is a 5/64-inch...
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 5:20:26 AM EDT
[#2]
THANKS!
im guessing a 2/32 punch will do the job?
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 2:47:26 PM EDT
[#3]
A 2/32" punch would actually be 1/16" and yes, it will work because it is 1/64" smaller than the needed size. Remember to use a light hammer and tap the punch, don't pound it. Be gentle.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 10:44:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Local hardware should have the roll pin punch gobs cheaper than ordering from a specialty catalog.

If in a bind,use a drill bit,but drive with the shank and TAP on the pointy end.

One question though.....

How did you get the old one out?

S-28

Link Posted: 9/27/2003 6:33:12 AM EDT
[#5]
LOL
got it out with a brass punch that had no markings that bent to hell
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top