Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2003 10:59:08 PM EDT
First off, thanks for looking

Since I got my new carbine recently I think I've been bitten by the AR "bug" again. I haven't even fired this new one yet and I'm already thinking about my next one...sound familiar?

Next time around though I think I'd like to build my own. A mechanical engineer I'm not, but with a good kit, some patience, and you guys holding my hand I don't see why I can't do it.

Who makes the highest quality and most comprehensive armorers toolkit? In addition to building my own frankengun I also would like to do my own rebarreling etc on my present ARs. Do the better quality kits have most of what you need to do this? Do they include things like feeler gauges and torque wrenches, or am I still going to have to buy things like that?

Thanks in advance for your help! This past month my Visa debit card has taken one hell of a beating, so I should probably buy this soon before I come to my senses
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 8:56:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Brownell's offers one, very nice, and not cheap.

Some mil manuals give detailed descriptions of what's required to do rebuilds, allowing you to buy cheap on some, and fill out the specialty stuff as you need it. As an aside, you'll find a lot of tools can be made, if you know how.

Meplat-
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 9:39:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the heads up Meplat [:)]

I'll check out Brownell's right now.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top