Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2003 12:13:37 PM EDT
Purchased one of the above and the damn "toothbrush" says made in China!  To top that off, the slotted patch tip is not even threaded and bent!.....are these current GI units or Chinese spin offs? Tapco is advertising these as original GI. Thanks.........
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 8:29:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I would say all made in China. I looked in my latest Tapco mag and couldn't find the stuff you listed as 8448751. USGI kits are quality made stuff. Give tapco a email They are good people to deal with.If ya don't like it send it back with the return form you got with it. WD
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 5:25:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Certainly doesn’t sound USGI.

FWIW - either Bushmaster or DPMS (I forget which) sells these type kits with a warning that some parts may be foreign made.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#3]

FWIW--Must be the DPMS cleaning kits.  I received (2) USGI cleaning kits from Bushmaster today with a barrel and a few other item and the cleaning kits were the same thing that I was issued in the Marine Corps.

Link Posted: 9/9/2003 6:19:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
...Must be the DPMS cleaning kits. ...
View Quote

Yep – DPMS.  (I checked just to make sure I wasn’t hallucinating. [:D] )

If anyone’s interested, here’s the link:  [url]www.dpmsinc.com/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=CA-07[/url]
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top