Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2003 9:23:34 PM EDT
I got a sample bottle.  Has anybody tried it??  comments good or bad??

thanks

-hankko
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:03:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Have used it some for a few years, many on the various boards like it very well.

Best to read the directions and try some on a small part such as a mag first.  A little different product than Break Free in that if go wild will leave a wax like residue in the low places.

Break Free you can more or less let drip dry and blow out the excess the next day.

EEZOX will tend to dry and leaving a nice even film is you follow the direction.  Along with  Boeshield T9 (which also works on the top of the table saw etc), the "nearly dry" film is one of it's strong points for rust prevention and usage.

As the saying goes "follow label directions".

Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:05:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I have just started using Eezox on my weapons.  I like the fact that it leaves a protective coating that isn't wet or oily.  Breakfree always left an oily residue that always left fingerprints and handling marks on any weapon using it. I have also used FP10 with mixed results:  It seems to lubricate well however it doesn't seem to stay on the weapon as well.  I have literally had it come off of an upper that was sitting in my safe.  Actually I still use FP10 on any surface that still needs lubrication (such as around the trigger and hammer pins, etc.) but IMHO Eezox seems to be the best protectant I have yet tried as far as staying on the weapon and drying to the touch.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:17:36 PM EDT
[#3]
The biggest problem I have with Eezox is it's distribution. Good lubricant, but tough to find a second time.

Meplat-
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 9:09:27 PM EDT
[#4]
meplat huh? i think dry to the touch is Eezox's marketing term for evaporation [:D]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:32:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Been using it for a year now, very good at protection , especially finger prints on blued surfaces, helps them wipe off easily and will stop perspiration from creating rust or discoloration.  I think it works great on the AR receiver, apply a wet coat, let stand a couple of hours and lightly wipe any wet areas with a black rag - looks great!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:26:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Armoredsaint. No. I mean to purchase. You'll find a place that sells it, then go back a second time, and they'll be sold out, with little chance of a restocking.

They do not seem to have the product coverage of CLP, or other gun lubes.

Meplat-
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:40:02 AM EDT
[#7]
sorry Meplat, I emailed Eezox for a free sample to try out myself too! I've used about 5 different lube/cleaners/CLP now. I saw somewhere that in corrosion protection against saltwater Eezox was #1, FP-10 #2, and BF CLP #3.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:15:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I emailed Eezox for a free sample,But they are out of free sample
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:38:23 AM EDT
[#9]
As stated, EEZOX is a fantastic protectant.  However, it doesn't make such a good cleaner.  I like to first clean my toys with warm, soapy water, blow the water off of all surfaces and crevaces, and then apply EEZOX to the now oil-free parts.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#10]
It is supposedly one of the best for rust prevention.  I have a 4 oz bottle I paid $7.00 for a couple years back, so as one might expect I am not very profligate in its use.

It seems to clean about as well as CLP or its competitors, but it has an especially acrid smell that I don't particularly care for.  It does leave a waxy sort of film behind, whereas CLP, after a few days, has mostly evaporated with an oily spot as its residue.

Seeing as how CLP does as well in cleaning, and nearly as well in rust protection, and since I buy it for $5.00 a pint, this is my current all purpose wonder chemical.  (Royco not BreakFree)
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top