Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2003 10:57:30 AM EDT
So my AR just passed 3000 rounds....Its a RRA 16" chrome lined M4 and ive been using Q3131...I clean this rifle after every range session (avg. 300-350 round per outting)..What should i be looking for as far as wear? Anything i should replace for preventative reasons?...This is my first AR and nothing looks worn,Hell the thing still looks new....But like i said im a noobie so i thought id ask....Thanks,UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:16:14 AM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:26:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Preventative replacement?

Just shoot it.... then shoot it some more..... then shoot it some more.

During cleaning, it is always a good idea to look for any signs of cracks or stress/damage to the bolt (never seen any, most of this would probably go from microscopic to failure anyway) but beyond that, you just keep em cleaned and lubed with CLP, and shoot em.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 12:24:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Can’t think of anything that routinely wears out or that needs periodic replacement.

The gas rings are the only thing that even comes close and they will certainly last several thousands of rounds.

IMHO, its worthwhile having an extra set of these squirreled away in case you start having problems (they’re cheap) but I wouldn’t automatically replace them.

AR’s are kinda like the Energizer Bunny!!
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top