Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2002 5:31:58 PM EDT
How can I be sure I bought the bolt back in right, not in the locked postion. I was sure to install the cam pin into place correctly.
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 3:12:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
How can I be sure I bought the bolt back in right, not in the locked postion. I was sure to install the cam pin into place correctly.
View Quote

I think I get what you are talking about. When you put the bolt carrier assembly back in the upper the bolt has to be pulled forward, or extended. then slide the handle in where it drops down in the slot and slide in the carrrier with the key in the handle channel then shove them into the upper. I don't think that you can put the cam pin in wrong.  There is really only one way it will go in then turn it 1/4 turn so the firing pin will fit thru the hole.  After everything is assembled always check the function by pulling the charging handle and let it go then pull the trigger (without any ammo in it, of course). You can do this a few times to make sure everything works right.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top