Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/7/2019 1:50:36 PM EDT
I picked up a Harbor Freight bench for $75 the other day, the one in the store was wobbly as all hell so I thought I'd have to weld it up and add bracing to make it stronger.  It turns out that when assembled correctly, this bench is really pretty dang nice.  I wanted a place just for firearm cleaning, and AR assembly.  I haven't built one yet, so I thought I should make a dedicated space.

What kinds of things do you keep on your gun bench?

I'm looking to share ideas.

Link Posted: 11/7/2019 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Since we're talking HF, one thing you should get (actually, get a couple) is the magnetic strips.
There's usually a free coupon, so they cost you ~$0.50/ea.
I have tons of them. Everywhere from at work benches to next to both the mill and lathe, for holding work tools.

Item# 61199,62178,65489,60433

Link Posted: 11/7/2019 7:51:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a universal type bench. It has a regular vise on one side and a stocking vice on the other. I also have some cheap vices bolted to the legs so I can clamp in a support for when I work on long stocks or barrels. Sometimes I even use the very end for a casting station. My tools live in several of my tool boxes that I found on sale. I just recently added a storage shed under my deck so I can finally start storing my yard tools in it and free up some floor space.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top