Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2014 6:53:49 PM EDT
Hey guys I just bought my first AR, a Daniel defense ddm4 v7 lw. I don't think I paid too much for it at 1371 out the door. I took it apart to clean it and when I went to shoot it today the bolt wouldn't close against the round all the way twice, then I pulled the charging handle back and let it slam forward and it worked fine....just a fluke, did I screw up. ...thoughts anyone?
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 6:59:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Did it happen on the first round of the mag or in the middle of string of shots?
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 8:48:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Lube? Moderately wet with a good ar15 applicable lube? As in not rem oil or wd-40? The maintenance and cleaning section has good info on what lube and where it goes.

If lubed new rifles can need a wear in period. It's why I always suggest using full power, quality, brass cased 5.56, as you'll have less issues with it.  As in it might not run Russian steel cased until you get 2-300 rounds through it.

Magazines used? USGI aluminum (okey industries, brownells, NHMTG, colt are current) lancer, tango down, and magpul make quality magazines. Avoid all others. There have been very few steel magazines that have great track records.

I'd suggest getting 200 rounds through it lubed with quality magazines before you declare it a sad rifle.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 3:32:45 AM EDT
[#3]
It was the first round of the mag and shot fine after that one issue, and I absolutely love the gun. Thanks for the help guys
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 8:45:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It was the first round of the mag and shot fine after that one issue, and I absolutely love the gun. Thanks for the help guys

View Quote

Sounds like you used the charging handle to 'ease' down on the round. Don't. System is designed to 'slam' home using the bolt release, or at least pull the charging handle back and let go.

And make sure the chamber is clean. Don't be afraid to use a chamber brush on it just in case a little garbage got left in there.

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top