Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2013 2:21:05 PM EDT
Hey guys, hopefully you can help me with an issue Ive been having my PWS chambered in x39. Its the MK114 14.5 inch and I haven't had it terribly long (1 year) but I have had a wealth of issues in trying to get it to work right. I do not want to deal with 556 or 223 as I got my fill of that in my brief stint with the military. I was initially having feeding issues with the rifle for the first 100 rounds (assuming that acted as the break in period) sometimes every other round sometimes every round. Ever since my mechanic/armorer brother dremmeled the feed ramps, Ive had only 1 double feed out of 100 or so rounds. Now its not the feeding issues (though with the crap mags, it always could be an issue) it is having major issues extracting to the point where I almost can't extract the spent casing. It will fire, but it won't extract so I'm getting frustrated to the point I'm thinking of selling it. Id really like it to work if possible but between the ASC mags and C-product mags which seem to be either hit or miss for people and can fail whenever they want or work when they want in my exp, the extracting problem, and the several shells that stove piped, I'm wondering if there is any way I can fix these extracting issues like my brother did. Hopefully without needing anything machined, but I understand if so. Any help is appreciated and if you have anyone to recommend, do they have any experience with ARs chambered in 7.62x39? Thanks
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 2:55:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Also, if it matters. I am only using brass ammo. Only ejected, never fired some wolf to see if it would extract properly, which it didnt at the time which ultimately led to the dremel being brought out. The brass ammo includes A variety of Fiochi, PMC, and Winchester. Seems to like Winchester is the best if I had to place performance of how the rifle handles each magazine helping. It almost seems though that the bolt is closing faster than it can eject and the stovepipes lead me to believe the ejection port is not big enough. Any thoughts and assistance (that is beneficial) is appreciated
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 2:55:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 3:00:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you! Much appreciated. I shall have to inspect it and play around with it to see if there is a leak (sure hope not). I am not quite ready to give up on it so I am happy to give it another couple more go's. Thanks again.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top