Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2011 7:49:32 PM EDT
I've got a problem that I cannot seem to figure out.

New build, BCM 16" 410SS barrel, BCM bolt, JP carrier, VLTOR upper.  Barrel and receiver have M4 ramps, they line up fine.

The problem is a failure to feed.  The new rounds get caught up on the feed ramp.  I've never had a problem with BCM barrels and have quite a few of them.

Empty brass kicks out just fine and will lock back on empty mag every time.  Gas is not an issue.

When the gun is dripping wet it is usually fine for a while.  After about 80 rounds it goes tits up.

I've tried three different brass cased ammo types.  

I've swapped complete lowers that have been working for years.  

I've swapped complete BCG's.

I've tried 4 different mags that have been working flawlessly in other guns for 2+ years.

Hand cycling rounds is a train wreck.  Usually about 50% hang on the feed ramps.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:10:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Loose magazine catch? Tighten the magazine catch a turn or so.......
Maybe it is allowing the magazine to tilt forward, causing an odd angle for the round to feed from the magazine.

Receiver extension have sharp edge or burr? Something sharp catching the brass as it tries to feed?

Pictures please.........
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:50:26 PM EDT
[#2]
It's not the mag catch, I've tried three different working lowers.

I just swapped out the upper receiver with another VLTOR.  Same problem with most of the rounds hanging up on the feed ramps when hand cycling.  The barrel must be bad.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:51:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top