Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/27/2006 4:49:48 PM EDT
I got a round stuck in the chamber. Tried to tap it out with a cleaning rod, wouldnt budge, but out came loads of gun powder on the end of the rod. Round is sticking out about 3/16" out of the chamber. Cant get at with a plier. Any ideas on how to get it out?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:34:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:20:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Step one,
Clear the bolt off the back of the case rim with a butt stoke impact/charging handle pull.
Note: if you have a carbine butt stock, pull it before making the receiver extension blow to a padded surface.

Now if the bolt is cleared, and the case is still in the chamber, pull the upper off the lower.  Since you have already set the bullet back into the case, you should be able to very gently using a small wooden dowel, push the bullet into the case, shake the upper, and drain the powder grains in the case down and out the muzzle.  One you are dam sure that there is no more gun powder left in the case, slowly insert a one piece cleaning rod down the bore, bottom it out against the back of the case web, then turn the whole thing over and give the cleaning rod handle a bump off the ground to dislodge the case.

Note: If you have any questions as if there is still gun powder in the case before knocking it out of the chamber, take the upper to a smith to have the case removed.

I tried to knock it out with a cleaning rod, wouldnt budge. And that was the steel one that came with my AR.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:17:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:14:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Lets us know what happens
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:29:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Just a helpful hint. HOMEDEPOT sell's a soilid steel rod that is about 22 cal. diam. I ran into this my self a few years ago on Easter Sunday. And found they where open and had what i needed. Also when you put that rod down the bbl. You can take a empty 223 case and put it over the end of the rod sticking out, to make a nice wider spot to hit with your hammer.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top