Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 1:02:13 PM EDT
Hello,
This is my second build; DPMS parts, RRA lower. Trigger guard pin was bought seperatly and was taking some force with a hammer to insert. Roll pin was tapped and went into opposite ear hole and I was attempting to make it flush when after another blow the opposite ear seperated from the lower. The pin is through both ears, but the one is broken so it provides no support. The break is nearly perfect and the piece to piece fit is excellent so now I would like to know my options:

1) TRA-Bond 2122: high strength industrial epoxy for use in aerospace applications and many others. I am iffy on this one

2) machine new ears, mill old ones off and attach new piece using a bolt. Seems like the professional route.

3) Mill new piece with one ear and attach underneath with a screw.

The parts are brand spanking new, and it was the last item to finish. I am pretty bummed about the entire incident. What are your recommendations? I downloaded the CAD file and am prepared to draw up the piece in ACAD to machine.
Thanks,
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:05:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:27:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Not a problem, honesty is what I am here for! Though next time I will be using an arbor press to get the pin in. I just didn't have it at home at the time, and well, my impatience got the best of me. Chalk up another lesson!

I think I am going to go the epoxy route, and if I am not satisfied, I can go the weld/milling direction. I have never used the winter trigger before on any of my other ARs, so I have no reason to think I will with this one. The refinishing part was my only hesitation on the machining route. I might be able to sneak it in with some other parts from a machine shop I am friendly but thats not guaranteed.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top