Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 5:41:24 AM EDT
I just bought my first AR.  It's a BM XM15, and it came with a fixed position CAR style stock.  I purchased a working 6 position stock, along with a CAR buffer and spring.  I thought I installed them correctly, however the buffer retainer pin and spring are not staying in place.  I went to the range for my first session with it.  I put in a loaded mag, puled back the chargin handle, and let it fly.  Pulled the trigger, and "click", no "bang", not even a "ping" from the hammer falling forward.  I took out the rear pin and tilted the upper forward.  The buffer and buffer spring came sliding out, the buffer retainer pin and spring had been thrown up in the trigger mechanism.  I pushed the buffer back in and held it in with the retainer pin and spring.  I made sure one of the three "flats" on the buffer were resting on the retainer pin, closed it back up and repeated the loading, firing process.  Same thing, a click and no bang.  Opened the receiver up again, and out comes the buffer again.  

What could I be doing wrong?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:05:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:28:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Great, thanks. Here I was thinking that the buffer itself was all that held the retainer in, and that when the buffer moved back in the tube, that the carrier held it in place.  Simple fix.  Wish I'd have checked it before I wasted a range trip.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top