Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 10:29:37 AM EDT
I bought an Otis cleaning kit and succeeded in getting a dry patch stuck half way down the bore of my Colt pre ban right off the bat. One of the all caliber patches that came with the kit. Read in the archives about using air to blow it out, but can't figure out how to seal either the chamber or muzzle to get pressure. Bought some 7/64" vacuum hose and it is too big to go in far enough to seal. Any help would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:31:28 AM EDT
[#1]
just use a dowl rod to push it out
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:37:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, pyro, I went out and bought a stainless one piece cleaning rod. $25. Then thought I will need a bore guide, another $25! So I haven't bought a bore guide yet, thought I would use $2 worth of hose! I just paid $45 or so for the Otis Law Enforcement kit. Now I have a $1500 piece of metal and plastic as it is, so I might as well get the bore guide. I called Otis about this, and they say try to use the flex cable to push it out, but I don't want to even start with that!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:25:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's another Otis owner that had the exact same problem:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=66&t=261709
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:42:54 PM EDT
[#4]
DEWEY Cleaning rods...no problem.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:54:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Well guys, I sprung for the bore guide, used the rod, and got it out. Thanks for your help!
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top