Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2005 4:36:43 PM EDT
recently bought a Bushmaster M-4 (AR-15) and test fired it today. Initially, firing went fine, then after about 20 rds, I started getting double feeds consisting of the spent case and the next round in the mag. My guess on this is the extractor might be a bit rough and is holding onto the round, or the ejector is bad. I tested the ejector (pushed in on it and it has no slack, feels nice and firm), so I can only think it is the extractor. I fired Black Hills ammo (68 grain moly coated hollow points)through it. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#1]
According to what I've read if you are feeding 1 spent casing and 1 live round it's an extractor problem.

But then again that is just what I've read.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:10:01 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are sure that the carrier key screws are tight,
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=66&t=249259

Sounds like the chamber is fouled, rough and needs to be correctly lubed, and mantained to allow the chamber to break in (read self polish threw live fire).
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top