Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 7:02:47 PM EDT
First I want to thank all for your help.  It appears that Dano523 hit the problem on the head.  I had the key restaked and per your suggestion had loc tight applied as well.  Well I went to the range tonight after work at shot the foolowing:  1st up was 70 rounds of XM193 fired from 6 mags in 5 round strings.  In order to keep track of the number of rounds fired.  I then switched to Ultramax Reman. ammo and fired 27 rounds without a problem.  #28 jammed.  The brass got caught in the port and I was able to hold the bolt open and pull it out without a problem.  I then fired 12 more rounds before the same thing happened.  Kind of made me wonder because here I am right around 100 rounds again!  I then fired 75 rounds (5 Rnd mags) with out a problem.  I then took the last 30 rounds of Ultramax and loaded up 1 mag and fired all off in approx. 35 seconds with no problems.  Next up was "New" Wolf.  The first round jammed and the case got stuck in the chamber and boy was it stuck!!  After getting it out I fired 19 more without a problem.  I then fired my last 20 rounds of XM193 from 1 mag.  #6 jammed with the brass stuck in the chamber.  It popped out with a light tap from my cleaning rod, unlike the Wolf.  I then tried the last of my Win Q3131 and some PMP, both of which this rifle has never liked and never run well with at all.  Well I used up those 49 rnds with alot of problems, which I expected.  The Q3131 had about 10 jams in 40 rounds where last summer it did it every round.  I stopped using it last summer and just took it along to see what would happen.  The PMP also jammed every round last year but would actually go 2-3 rounds before a problem happened.  I only had 9 of them left anyway.  So using ammo the rifle liked I fired 260 rounds with 4 jams.  Is my problem over or could I expect to fire more ammo with less problems?
    Again thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:53:57 PM EDT
[#1]
You did seem to miss the part where I stated to give the rifle a shot off CLP when it starts to jam.

The good thing about CLP is the C stands for cleaner, and when added to the rifle, it will dissolve the baked fouling to allow the rifle to run a little more (read using nothing more than just adding CLP every 300 rounds, I have taken mg’s well past the 5000round mark without cleaning.  Granted they were a way bit slimy when it was done, they still ran, plus we all know that CLP does make nice mans cologne since most of us seem to reek of from time to time).

As for sticking the spent Wolf case, this just means that the chamber is still fresh/tight (and fouled with the round count you stated), so give the chamber a chance to polish out under live fire.  My guess is around the 800 spent round count, the rifle should run with just about anything thrown threw it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:58:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Just to add, pick an ammo type already!!!!!

Considering that each type will print to it's own POI, with all the switching around, your just spraying the area unless you bothered to re-zero for each type.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:39:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I have sighted it in for XM193 and fully expect to have that most of the time.  However, if this is going to be my SHTF rifle don't you think it should run on all types of ammo?  One thing I forgot to mention in my update:  The XM193 ammo on the last round seemed to extract but no eject.  The round would be sitting loose on top of the mag.  It did it with all 6 mags.  I could either drop the mag and if would fall out or I could just dump it out the port without a problem.  Any further ideas?  It never did that before and did not do it with any other round that I recall.  Ejection did seem much more forceful and the brass was further away from me then it had been before your suggestion so that is good.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:44:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:50:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top