Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2005 1:03:17 PM EDT
Hi i have a problem. I have a B.M.A.S. Detachable Front Flip Sight and a B.M.A.S. Rear Flip Up Sight with a Trijicon Luminous Tritium Front Sight Post . Post says it is for a1 a2 but this is on a flat top my problem is it is screwed all the way down and at 25 yards it is still 2 inches low is it the post the wrong size? I bought it and it had post in it already.
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 2:32:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep,

Time to break out the drill and spin file the top of the post down.

Just remember to chuck up lightly on the post treads so you don't mar them.

Link Posted: 1/2/2005 3:18:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Hi thank how much you think i should start with 1/16 ,1/8 ,
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Think I would start with about .030" or about 1/32" first and go from there.
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 10:50:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 9:25:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I use a depth mic and measured how it was when it was hitting 2 inches low.Then i raised it to were the adjuster wheel was even at top of the hole it goes down in.It had about .042 of travel so i took of ,035 and set it to where it was when i started. Will go out and shoot and should have enough travel if not enough will need new frt post because it is at limit for Triji post.It looked like it should have more travel but i think treads on post bottom out. And what measurement is it ? How do i measure it?
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 11:01:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:18:28 PM EDT
[#7]
w

Hi went to range and it shoots straight and hits center  at 50 yrds but at 100 i am all over mostly up and down.Im an using irons only and this is my first time shooting at over 50. So any tips on aiming and also i am using winchester .223 will this have a big effect at long range.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:07:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Cheek weld, with your nose touching the charging handle for starters,

Learn breathing control, coupled with trigger control,

And either use a 6:00 hold, or a Center of mass hold, but not both during the same string.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:06:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top