Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2004 6:10:36 PM EDT
You know the depression in the ring that the barrel nut rides in?

I have two heavy duty barrel wrenches one from Bushmaster and the other from DPMS and the part of the wrenches with the star shape pattern teeth on them don't fit in the recess of the delta ring. Is this how it's supposed to be?

Thanks for any help.    
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:02:11 PM EDT
[#1]
My Bushmaster wrench fits fine.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:34:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Does it fit fine on the barrel nut or the delta ring? Because both of mine fit fine on the barrel nut but they won't fit into the delta ring, atleast not without shaving some metal.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:46:23 PM EDT
[#3]
The Bushmaster's armorer wrench has three pins on one side and ridges on the other, either side should work.  the DPMS wrench has two pins that fit into the barrel nut.  you may have to push back to compress the weld spring a little.  I am thinking that maybe you have one of the odd free-floating DCM/CMP kits that had different barrel nuts on them.  Then you will just have to be creative.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:09:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Nope, these are just standard barrel barrel nuts, the ones that have the star pattern.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:13:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:36:58 AM EDT
[#6]
+1 for what asltrfl said
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:19:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
you may have to push back to compress the weld spring a little.

+1
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:52:56 AM EDT
[#8]
So that coller on the wrench with the teeth on it is not supposed to fit into the recess in the delta ring? The few times iv'e uesd these wrenches it really messes up the finish on the delta ring. They just don't seem to fit right.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:33:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:06:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Could anyone check to see if their wrench fits into the delta ring?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:15:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Could anyone check to see if their wrench fits into the delta ring?

I am not sure what you mean?  I have the DPMS wrench.... you have to firmly push in, which pushes back the delta ring, to get the teeth of the wrench to cover the barrel nut.  Lemme go take a pic.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:20:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Ok.... I just checked.  NO.  The teeth of the armorers wrench will not, and is not designed to, go on the inside of the Delta ring.  The ring is quite a bit too small.

I can only assume, that since the ring has to be pushed back against the spring, the wrench is made this way in order to push the ring back.

In fact, the outer circumference of the delta ring is almost exactly the same size as the outer circumference of the teeth part of the wrench.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:07:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Ok thanks FALARAK, it sounds like you know what I'm talking about. I guess it's just designed that way.

Thanks for the help.    
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top