Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2004 10:31:44 PM EDT
My new M4gery build is failing to lock open on the last round in the mag. All functions on the rifle are fine except this one. I tried 4 different new mags (2 Bushie 10rnd, 1 DH/Labelle 20rnd, 1 DH/Labelle 30rnd ). When I pull the charging handle back on an empty mag, it does lock back.

could it be that the H buffer/buffer spring is too strong for the carrier to go back far enough to engage with the bolt catch?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:33:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Using CLP to lube the rifle?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:07:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:18:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm having the same trouble. Worked fine 'till I switched to a collapsible stock. I checked the spring to make sure it's shorter than the A2 one and it is. The bolt won't lock even when I  try to lock the bolt manually. I've only got about 400 rnds through this rifle.  Any ideas?

Thanks
DocD
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I've seen this before when a customer somehow got an extra buffer detent behind the buffer.  I thought I heard something strange rattling around in  the buffer tube, after I took it apart there it was.  That prevented the c/h, b/c from locking all the way back.  You could also have the wrong size buffer in your t-stock.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:41:47 PM EDT
[#5]
wouldn't it possibly be that the spring is new and needs to be worked  a little? I know that when I pull the C/H back with an empty mag, it gets stiff around when it should catch the Bolt catch. Maybe it isn't going far enough back to engage the bolt catch because of a new spring. FYI i am using a bushie upper and lower with a LMT Gen 2 ribbed stock with an H-buffer/car spring.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:42:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:14:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I expirienced this today at the range. Mine did it to two specific mags I was using but it didn't do it everytime, go figure.

EDIT: I wiped down my bolt catch, there was quite a bit of lubricant on it. I'll wait and see if that cures it, if not than it must be my two magazines.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top