Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2003 5:56:54 AM EDT
...... after firing a round. I believe disconnector is holding it but not sure. Anyone got a clue? Does safety have anything to do with trigger not returning in the fire position? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 7:17:16 AM EDT
[#1]
...funny, this weekend had the SAME problem on my AR-10, goes to g'smith SOON. FMJunkie looked at it, disconnector was hangin!
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 11:38:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Lion_Dog, did he fix the disconnector, and if so, how? There can't be that much to it. I have had nothing but problems with AR15 rifles. I have 2 now and it seems like if 1 is up, the other is down. Always working on them and they both are top of the line rifles. The Ak's I have cost half as much and run like "well oiled machines"
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 4:13:49 PM EDT
[#3]
No, I operated it in that condition fully aware of the issue and being very very careful.

I'll be bringing into my gunsmith for rectification.

I'll be looking into the AKs too. [:D]

Link Posted: 9/7/2003 7:55:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Trigger usually stays back because the mating surfaces of the disconnector and middle hammer hook are rough. A diamond stone applied to the inside of the middle hammer hook usually smooths that area enough to work.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 5:02:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Trigger usually stays back because the mating surfaces of the disconnector and middle hammer hook are rough. A diamond stone applied to the inside of the middle hammer hook usually smooths that area enough to work.
View Quote

If you pull back on the trigger, does it reset properly? If yes, it is either what Tweak pointed out or a spring is installed backwards, broken or missing.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 5:16:19 AM EDT
[#6]
... Check to make sure your trigger pin hasn't walked past your torsion spring wire keeper.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Digger-

That problem was a shifting (walking like W_W just suggested) pin due to a missing J-spring on the hammer. We called Armalite and the tech didn't seem all that surprised, leading us to believe this was not an isolated experience. They are sending new spring in mail free of charge. That is good customer service, the fact that it was missing, well....

Check out your hammer!!!

Good luck,

L_d
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top