Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2003 6:38:30 PM EDT
was shooting at the range today and the hammer pin backed out.  noticed it was installed with the recess on the wrong side.  when i put or while putting it back together i noticed that when i cocked the hammer the pin rotates in the receiver and not the hammer rotating on the pin.  does anyone know if its common to have this happen?  looks like it will wear the receiver after alot of use.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:45:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Hello, king...

My Bushmasters all do that. The fit of the J spring against the pivot pin causes this; for this reason I lightly grease the pins AND holes whenever I have reason to pull the FCG.

I also oil (MiliTec grease and MC oil) the pin ends each time the rifles are fired at the range, both before and after.

I don't want my FCG pinholes ovalled for me!

Regards,

FastVFR800

PS. Still don't see a reference to trigger parts in yer thread after two readthroughs, pardner...had any troubles with the Jewell? I want one or two....I think. That, or a few Knight's triggers.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:14:40 AM EDT
[#2]
hi fast,
sorry, it was the jewell set up that i had installed.  there is a retaining spring that loops around the trigger pin and holds tension on the hammer pin by means of a recess cut into the pins. the hammer pin was installed with this on the wrong side so it didnt lock. as far as the jewell trigger goes its great and a true 2 stage. i've noticed alot of trigger assy. that just call the creep before it breaks on a single stage a 2 stage trigger but the jewell as you know has a good and idiot proof adjustment on both stages.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top