Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2021 10:25:32 PM EDT
Anyone have experience with these? I saw no mention in the purchase listing that these were 9mm only. Went to install, and noticed there's a nipple that lines up with the gas tube hole on the upper. This nipple prevents the handguard from clearing the gas tube.Handguard
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 5:46:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone have experience with these? I saw no mention in the purchase listing that these were 9mm only. Went to install, and noticed there's a nipple that lines up with the gas tube hole on the upper. This nipple prevents the handguard from clearing the gas tube.Handguard
View Quote

That's a slot for the anti-rotation pin.  If your receiver has the corresponding hole, you simply insert the included pin that came with the handguard and it slots into the receiver to prevent any rotation.  That hole is not related to the gas tube at all.

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:30:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

Have you tried it, or just assuming?
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 11:47:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I have installed several and had no issues?
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 2:43:24 AM EDT
[#4]
that hole isnt for the gas tube
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 3:19:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

@cibergray
inquiring minds want to know, just for "closure", you know.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:24:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Where's the nipple?
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:39:55 AM EDT
[#7]
So does a guy have to put a hole in his receiver in order to get the anti rotation device to work?
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 10:13:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So does a guy have to put a hole in his receiver in order to get the anti rotation device to work?
View Quote

I question it's necessity as the handguard attaches to the barrel nut in 3 locations with 2 screws each.  Likelyhood of torqued barrel nut reversing is highly minimal at most.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I question it's necessity as the handguard attaches to the barrel nut in 3 locations with 2 screws each.  Likelyhood of torqued barrel nut reversing is highly minimal at most.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 10:03:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
the V Seven uppers come with the hole precisely and correctly located, dimensioned, to accept a pin that locks the handguard to the upper, as their anti-rotation device.  if you're not using their upper, you wouldn't use the pin.

https://www.vsevenweaponsystems.com/2055-enlightened-ar-15-upper-receiver/
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 10:07:17 PM EDT
[#11]
That whole FPNI thing.....
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 5:11:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
I've called them before about this. Call them. Get that peace of mind
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 10:49:58 AM EDT
[#13]
So for inquiring minds...

It was due to a gas tube/ barrel nut incompatibility. Was trying to run a 5 inch 7.62x39 barrel with a micro gas system. The gas tube wasn't clearing the barrel nut, and was pushing it up. Because of that the handguard wasn't clearing the gas tube.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 8:44:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

deleted nvm
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 7:34:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Completely disagree. It can happen, and has happened with virtually every brand of rail that doesn’t have an index tab or anti rotation device. I’d imagine this is why Barrett and Geissele added them to their complete rifles. This isn’t only likely to happen depending on how hard you abuse your rifle. If you don’t ever drop your AR or do much outside target practice, then yeah it doesn’t matter.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top