Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2021 12:35:49 PM EDT
Think I wanna buy a 5 pack... crappy time to do so... but got tax return coming soon..

See some for like 100 a pop (might as well buy already finished for that price)

Anyone know of any deal's  (ha.ha)
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 1:06:38 PM EDT
[#1]
https://www.eparmory.com/ALUMINUM-RAW_p_23.html
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 5:06:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Finding them "in stock" right now is your deal
Now is not the time to be picky and trying to save a few dollars.
$100 a piece is actually cheap, as i see many advertised over $100 now, which is just crazy.

Link Posted: 2/8/2021 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#3]
$100 now, $40 last year.
Gotta luv supply & demand and the threat of commies.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:01:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Tactical Shit just had them on sale.  I think it worked out to about $48 or $49 with shipping.  Those were anodized which is a HUGE plus for some others, not so much.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 8:26:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

See some for like 100 a pop (might as well buy already finished for that price)

View Quote

If you want to buy 80 percent lowers to save money, you're doing it wrong
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:08:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

This +1

The reason I like 80% is the pleasure of doing it myself, I like the "slick side" look with no big rollmark, and 3rd, that it isn't papered, because I don't think I should have to ask permission to exercise a right.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:19:50 AM EDT
[#7]
If you're paying anywhere near $100 for a bare, 80% lower, you're doing it wrong (in a year too late). The price is less than half that. I'd let the panic buyers have at it and wait for the prices to back down.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:47:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Well if OP can't manage his money well and has the cash now, I say get what you want.  Ideally you'd set this money aside and not touch it until you find whatever deal you're looking for.  But I don't see anything wrong with people buying stuff now that they think they may need/want later.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 12:19:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you're paying anywhere near $100 for a bare, 80% lower, you're doing it wrong (in a year too late). The price is less than half that. I'd let the panic buyers have at it and wait for the prices to back down.
View Quote

Availability is value-added. $59 and out of stock isn't a deal of any kind.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 2:25:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is not "value-added". That is taking it up the a$$ and thanking them for it. Panic buy if you want, but like I said previously, you're in it one year too late. It's your money, do what you want. Those 80% vendors appreciate ya and will probably charge ya for the lube too.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

The only reason demand is up now is because people want to buy them before the sale of 80 percent lowers is banned forever.  If you think prices are going to come down after they become illegal, you're going to be disappointed.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 2:50:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That is not "value-added". That is taking it up the a$$ and thanking them for it. Panic buy if you want, but like I said previously, you're in it one year too late. It's your money, do what you want. Those 80% vendors appreciate ya and will probably charge ya for the lube too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In economics, availability is absolutely value-added. I charge $59 for the shit I don't have all day long. In-stock costs more than vaporware.

Let me guess, you know what stuff "goes for". And if it isn't "going for" what it usually "goes for", then we know it shouldn't be "going for" that.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 3:01:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The only reason demand is up now is because people want to buy them before the sale of 80 percent lowers is banned forever.  If you think prices are going to come down after they become illegal, you're going to be disappointed.
View Quote

Be SCARED
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 7:00:06 PM EDT
[#14]
If this is a SHTF buy, then look into poly's.

From what I see, the $80-$100 for AL 80's is the going price. The market is the way it is because people are getting more nervous about various things, and most know that COTUS 2A is the only saving grace there is currently. Once the commies disarm everyone, then it's really over. I suspect though, SHTF will happen way before disarming people. The commies will just basically do EO's and then take away stuff as they stumble upon it, either via watching at gun ranges, via Red Flag reports of any kind, purchase records, etc. They'll also make buying ammo nearly impossible for most by making it way to expensive and/or simply limiting how much you can buy. Gun powders will soon be a "4473" item.

Buying packs of 80's? I am not sure I see too much value in that currently if you can't get the rest of the parts to go with. Definitely a sellers market now. Obvious signs production cannot keep up. But maybe in 6mo an 80 today will be worth 1.5x as much, possibly 50x as much if a non-firearm thing becomes an illegal object, etc.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 7:27:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Friends don't let friends buy Poly 80% lowers.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 8:51:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Depends on each situation.  Ordering a finished lower means going through an FFL & many charge differently.  Some charge $30-$50+ per SN and some places require a mandatory waiting period along with a background check.  So if you order 5 finished lowers for $50 each then add in $50 per SN you're still paying $500 in addition to the background check & possible waiting time.  If you order 5 80% lowers @$100 each, they are shipped to your house, no transfer fee, waiting time or background check.  Yes I get you still have to do the work, but for some of us, that is actually enjoyable, especially over the last year when looking for constructive things to do.  

I'm lucky that my FFL is within walking distance & only charges $20 per box of lowers (up to 10 SN's per box) and I ordered a few batches back in 2016 & 2017 but dang if all those haven't either been built or lost in a tragic boating accident along with the built ones.  Then I got a 5D Jig a few years ago & now if I do buy any more lowers I only plan on buying the 80% variety & hope they fair better when I take them fishing with me.

Forgot to add, this guy looks like he has them in stock.  $120 for one in the white.

https://sotaarms.com/ar-15-lower-parts/product/view/17/719

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 8:30:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Classic firearms had Anderson 80% in the white last week for $59.

I bought 2, thought about it about 15min, then bought 5 more. Told a friend, they were sold out within 2.5hrs.

Subscribe to their newsletter and they'll pop up.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 4:00:30 PM EDT
[#18]
PM sent.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top