Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2018 10:42:10 AM EDT
I have a Rainier Arms forged receiver set (made by Mega/Zev) that looks and fits perfectly. I planned on using it for a customized M4gery build (14.5 Socom FSB with MI drop in). Unfortunately, the finish on the receivers isn't the typical anodized look, it's quite shiny and doesn't match the full look of the barrel and handguard. Looks odd.

Is there any way of possibly dulling the Rainier receiver finish without cerakote or paint, or risking the integrity of the finish? Or vice versa... Maybe matching the shine for the handguard?
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 11:01:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Fine Scotch Brite pad?  I've used them to restore the satin finish on a stainless revolver, never tried them on an anodized finish.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 11:19:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 12:02:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 4:49:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I wish there was a "milspec" receiver company that actually makes perfect fitting receivers. I can't stand a bunch of slop and gap especially on something that's going to last me a long time. Not looking for a "Gucci gun" build, but something that's not a raggedy mess. Aero and Anderson have both let me down so far, that's why I bought the Rainier/Mega/Zev receivers. Just wished they'd use standard anodizing.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 8:58:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top