Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2015 1:18:23 PM EDT
Has anyone done a build with a Wilson Combat Match .300BLK barrel. I'm currently working on a build and the BCG closes on the no go gage. Tried two other bolts and same thing, it closes on both the go and no go gages. This is my first 300 build

I contacted Tech support at Wilson and they said as long as I'm using Mil Spec parts, it will be fine and safe to shoot. They have had numerous calls concerning this "problem" but have not changed anything and believe them safe to fire as they have no reports of failure. They offered to send me another barrel but said I would likely have the same "issue".

Their theory on being safe to shoot goes against everything that I was taught and have read about head spacing. I have built around a dozen AR's and I am by no means an expert nor do I claim to be.

What do I do from here? Seriously thinking of going with a different barrel manufacturer. Any and all comments welcome.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:37:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I helped a buddy with a build and I think he used that same .300Blk barrel from Wilson Combat.
I didn't check HS but it shoots real good groups with his hand loads.
We did have to open the gas port about .005" IIRC per their recomendations.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top