Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2014 9:11:38 PM EDT
I've been repeatedly told I should invest in an adjustable gas block to save myself some headache on a 7.62x39 SBR build.
Has anyone used the seekins adjustable gas block?
Primary arms has them for a good price compared to other adjustables I've seen

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:45:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe that this particular block has the adjustment screw facing the upper receiver. Accessing it seems difficult  or near impossible without removal of the handguard.
I could be mistaken but maybe others can confirm this.

SLR Rifleworks makes an excellent block that is easily accessible and  adjustable from the front.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:07:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one.  I wouldn't buy another one.  It functions great.  No issues with sturdiness.  I hate the adjustment screw facing front(edit-this should say back).  I used an SLR and a PRI.  I like the SLR best.  

Unless you are shooting match, or have an extremely overgassed gun, get a $24 YHM and don't worry about an adjustable.  They can serve a purpose but I think they are the exception to the rule in most cases.  They just aren't needed most of the time.  

Your circumstance may warrant it.  I have no experience with a build like yours.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:28:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one.  I wouldn't buy another one.  It functions great.  No issues with sturdiness.  I hate the adjustment screw facing front.  I used an SLR and a PRI.  I like the SLR best.  Unless you are shooting match, or have an extremely overgassed gun, get a $24 YHM and don't worry about an adjustable.  They can serve a purpose but I think they are the exception to the rule in most cases.  They just aren't needed most of the time.  
Your circumstance may warrant it.  I have no experience with a build like yours.

View Quote

Good feedback

I'm already planning on a sprinco red XP spring, H2, and extra power extractor spring. I figured an additional $25 over a standard gas block could easily save $25 in ammo for related malfunctions...

Guys on sniper's hide also rave about the syrac unit with 17 (?) positions

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:11:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I have not used a Syrac.  I will admit to admiring it from afar, I chose the SLR over syrac, was helping a buddy.  But for my guns I am only using 1 adjustable gas block at this time, the seekins I have.  I don't think it is warranted on that gun.  I have considered putting one on my 6.8 but that is all.  All of my other 5.56's will stay with a simple gas block.  I may end up replacing the seekins but it currently works, so why?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:29:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one.  I wouldn't buy another one.  It functions great.  No issues with sturdiness.  I hate the adjustment screw facing front.  I used an SLR and a PRI.  I like the SLR best.  Unless you are shooting match, or have an extremely overgassed gun, get a $24 YHM and don't worry about an adjustable.  They can serve a purpose but I think they are the exception to the rule in most cases.  They just aren't needed most of the time.  

View Quote

I just installed an SLR on my build. Initial quality and function is fine, and it definitely adjusts from the front (though I can see how, from afar, it might appear to adjust from the side, as there is a not-the-adjustment screw on the side). I can't vouch for long-term reliability, yet.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:34:25 PM EDT
[#6]
My original post should indicate the seekins adjusts from under the handguard or the back I suppose.  This appears vague when quoted.  My bad.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:54:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I love my Syrac, I needed it even with a rifle buffer setup with my 16" heavy carbine. Very high build quality, definitely recommended. Pricey but worth it. Their CS was top-notch helping me fit a .936" bull barrel with carbine gas and their lo-pro Gen 2 AGB under a rifle length handguard. Had to settle on a Seekins rail but had to have the barrel nut ID turned out about .050"
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top