Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2014 3:43:38 PM EDT
Like to know which you would chose.  The idea of light weight is nice but don't want to give up practicality.

Not married to either but both are temping me.  The DD has a more well known name, is CHF and is lighter, the AR Performance is 5R and a good bit less expensive.

Daniel Defense
https://danieldefense.com/16-5-56mm-mid-length-1-7-lw-profile.html

AR Performance
http://ar15performance.com/inc/sdetail/11562/20639

Also looking for a 18" rifle gassed barrel that wont feel like a lead filled duffel bag,
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 3:47:15 PM EDT
[#1]
That chrome lined Daniel Defense looks very cool
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:01:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 2 ARP's and they work great.  I have several FN CHF, and I believe in CHF also.  My personal opinion after watching super slo mo video of a barrel as it shoots, get the heavier profile.
An ARP socom is heavier where it counts.  Thicker at the chamber area and out in front of it.  This provides more support against barrel whip.  It offers more metal to absorb heat.

I would suggest that a CHF barrel will shoot tighter groups under real heat stress.  That said under normal conditions, that ARP barrel will shoot tight.  For those who are about to tell me that is bull about CHF, google my prior post on my experience.  I don't really care if you believe it, but I tested it myself and saw with my own eyes.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:25:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Either one should serve you well.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top