Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2014 10:03:21 AM EDT
Happened to be looking over PK Firearms site (again) and saw that they now had Vltor MUR-1A Upper Receivers in stock. Quickly ordered one before they disappeared and now to find a 300BLK barrel & BCG,

Already have my Stag lower completed and will ultimately have it all Cerakoted.

Have to research for rails I like and the rest of the odds & ends...

Link Posted: 2/8/2014 10:14:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Its a bad ass upper, I got one last year for my Noveske GEN2.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I luv mine. I got mine years ago without the FA. its on my SBR and works as intended.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 4:47:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Lol just got mine today as well. Don't buy the last 300 blk out barrel on me!
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 7:37:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice find! Those uppers are never in stock and a 6 month waiting list from Vltor!
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 11:33:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice find! Those uppers are never in stock and a 6 month waiting list from Vltor!
View Quote

Ayan at boltcarrier.com has this on stock.  He is a site sponsor and very nice to deal with.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 8:44:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Had the wife put the VLTOR on the Stag lower for me. Kind of difficult talking her through how to put the upper on via Skype... LOL!

She couldn't get the front pin all the way, tight fit. But I didn't want to piss her off any more by having her take it back apart.

Color's of course don't match up but I'll eventually have it all Cerakoted so it doesn't matter...

Now an "IN STOCK" barrel / BCG.

Was checking out the VLTOR charging handles and rail systems on their site.

Will keep looking to find just the right rail system I like. Have been through many pics on members builds but will have to go back through and take notes on what I like and see if those will work with this setup.

Link Posted: 2/15/2014 9:44:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice build.

And what an intersting avatar
You  guys sure like changing the Crab.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 9:51:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice looking setup so far rdx. What color cerakote are you planning to use? I just went ahead and ordered a MUR from pk thanks to your tipoff. Pretty good price too!
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 5:59:27 PM EDT
[#9]
It's from a t-shirt I bought from a shop near the school house in Fl.

Afghans love it I'm sure...

Link Posted: 2/15/2014 6:03:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nice looking setup so far rdx. What color cerakote are you planning to use? I just went ahead and ordered a MUR from pk thanks to your tipoff. Pretty good price too!
View Quote

Thanks Jake!

This is my first build and I'm doing it long distance... LOL!

Not sure of the color yet as I have seen so many combinations. Most likely a subtle camo theme.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 7:08:10 PM EDT
[#11]
What stock is that?
Edit:never mind. I see it is a STR

Looks good
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 10:49:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Is the barrel fit in a MUR tight?
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 11:12:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

If I remember when I built mine, I had to tap it in with a rubber mallet. it didnt just "slip" in.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 11:17:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

If I remember when I built mine, I had to tap it in with a rubber mallet. it didnt just "slip" in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool. Thanks.  A somewhat local (F-in' Maryland) dealer has their own name billet uppers/lowers, but they also have slickside MUR-1 uppers for about $20 more.   I know Wes (MSTN) touts the Vltor MUR uppers, so I may go that route.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 12:55:22 PM EDT
[#15]
All my barrels slipped right into my mur uppers. I'm on number 4 now.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 1:00:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Cool. Thanks.  A somewhat local (F-in' Maryland) dealer has their own name billet uppers/lowers, but they also have slickside MUR-1 uppers for about $20 more.   I know Wes (MSTN) touts the Vltor MUR uppers, so I may go that route.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the slickslide MUR, I really like it and havent had any issues, its on my SBR actually.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top