Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2014 3:17:29 PM EDT
First post, first rifle. This is my new toy for work. My first rifle class is this week so any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Colt LE 6920 Magpul Edition

Aimpoint Pro

Inforce WML

VTAC Sling

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t252/Ulfberht/Rifle/9907fab9-003d-48de-8476-59c58d7f857b_zps079f8315.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t252/Ulfberht/Rifle/Riflephoto3_zps94d73c93.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t252/Ulfberht/Rifle/Riflephoto1_zpsa74896bb.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t252/Ulfberht/Rifle/Riflephoto2_zpsdfc8aaf2.jpg

^^That last one is with my duty sidearm- Glock 21SF with Robar grip reduction and stippling

Link Posted: 1/24/2014 4:11:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe a sling point on the hand guard so the the sling rides on the side of the gun?

Other than that how do you plan to carry it in the car? Case in the trunk or lock?

How are you planning on carrying extra mags? Bandolier, plate carrier or leg rig?

Good gun, good optic, lots of mags... What's you duty ammo?
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 11:10:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I plan to buy QD attachments and mounts when Magpul starts selling their 2014 lineup. I noticed they have announced QD mounts which attach directly to the moe handguards. I also plan to purchase a stock (such as the Magpul STR) with a QD attachment built in.

The rifle will be carried between the front seats in a lock.

I'm looking at options for extra mags. Possibly a mag coupler for now and an active shooter plate carrier with additional mags attached coming later. I'm also thinking about a single AR mag pouch on the duty belt. If I go the mag coupler route, I was thinking of running two 40 rd PMags? Any recommendations?

I'm pretty sure duty ammo is 55gr Federal HP but I won't be able to confirm that for another week or so.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:06:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks very nice! If you like what you have then you don't need anyone to tell you what to change. However, I would suggest a better muzzle device. How do you like your WML? Is it the IR model? I am just about ready to 'pull the trigger' on one.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm looking at options for extra mags. Possibly a mag coupler for now and an active shooter plate carrier with additional mags attached coming later. I'm also thinking about a single AR mag pouch on the duty belt. If I go the mag coupler route, I was thinking of running two 40 rd PMags? Any recommendations?
View Quote

Boonie packer Redi mag.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:17:01 AM EDT
[#5]
see if you can swap the upper (and all furniture) for a 6720, same colt quality, slightly less weight with all the doodads you have hanging off that you are going to get pretty tired covering a door for 45 minutes.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:06:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Looks very nice! If you like what you have then you don't need anyone to
tell you what to change. However, I would suggest a better muzzle
device. How do you like your WML? Is it the IR model? I am just about
ready to 'pull the trigger' on one.
View Quote
Thank you! I've used this site a lot for insight and research, and I'm just asking because someone always points out something I hadn't thought of before. I'm curious what kind of muzzle device you would recommend?

I just got home from the first day of carbine training. As far as the Inforce WML goes, it is a nice light and I love the momentary only feature for patrol work. This light is great and extremely ergonomical. The only issue I had today was that we were shooting outside in the dark for part of the evening, and at 50 yds I was wishing it had more than 200 lumens. On the same token, if it was any brighter, it would definitely upset my night vision when clearing an indoor building with light colored walls. I may go look at a Surefire 600 in the near future though.
see if you can swap the upper (and all furniture) for a 6720, same colt
quality, slightly less weight with all the doodads you have hanging off
that you are going to get pretty tired covering a door for 45 minutes.
View Quote

I actually really enjoyed the weight of this rifle today (about 8.2 lbs unloaded or 9.2 loaded with a PMag). What other benefits besides weight would switching to a 6720 afford? Also, what do you mean by doodads? The red dot and the light? I'm required to have one of each by policy. So far I thinks the weight of those items is well worth the benefits they bring anyways. Would you swap them for something else?

Thanks for all of the input?

Oh and I was able to confirm duty ammo is 55gr Federal HP.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top