Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2013 6:35:52 PM EDT
Ok, I just got my new SOTA arms SS .300 16" barrel and haven't assembled it into the upper yet BUT -  I tried using the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fJbezHgGBA video method to check the headspace before assembly.  I'm using the PTG Go and No-Go Gages from Midway and I can't quite get the Go gage to fully lock up the NO-Go Gage will not lock up, BUT the Go gage seems to wobble a bit and I cant be sure if it is just slipping and/or not not centering enough to fully engage; it feels real close.  Should I go ahead fully assemble the upper and try it when it is assembled, assume it is bad, or should it work as the video says -- meaning the barrel is out of spec?

Any suggestions would be appreciated as to the method, my thought process,  SOTA Arms reputation or another solution.  My last three builds (first 3) have been with pre-assembled PSA uppers and I felt like trying a scratch built for my .300 Blackout  The barrel looks real sharp, although it is the 2nd one  they sent me as the 1st was gouged and scratched and Joann made good on it with little or no problem. NO! I was not fortuitous enough to have tried headspacing the first barrel I sent back.

My BCG is a PSA M-16 BCG and Not a P Tac sold by PSA BCG I got early this Summer.

Jerry
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top