Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2013 8:15:37 AM EDT
Any comparative info would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 10:08:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I have no comparative information for you but I did buy 5 80% lowers from Billet Rifle Systems. Chris Garrison is the owner and he machines a fine product that mated perfectly to a Colt upper. Wire EDM of the mag well, all holes drilled and threaded with the exception of the fire control group - trigger pin, hammer pin and selector switch. He even threads (and includes the setscrew and pin) for the bolt catch release. The rear extension for the buffer tube is drilled and tapped and the machine work was flawless. I measured.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I did a bulk buy of 80% billet lowers from TR-Enable and was very satisfied. They were also completely machined including tapped holes with threaded plugs and replacement bolt catch pin. These are 6061 with EDM mag well.  Requires only the machining of the fire control pocket, trigger, hammer, and selector holes. Customer service and turnaround time were excellent.

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj588/gomlin3108/20130401_193911_zpse3dcd117.jpg
http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj588/gomlin3108/20130401_193918_zps95e34072.jpg
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 3:11:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a order with Colfax Tactical.  I wish there was a discussion set up for 80% discussions.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:23:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Rohg arms good.  Good quality anodize.  Fit in cncguns.com jig just fine.
Pending HLF mfg but, you have to camp on their website to get one or watch your email for an alert.,
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:37:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered 2 raw 80% lowers near the end of March from American Spirit Arms (they call them "95%" lowers).  

Should be here in a few weeks.  I'll keep you posted.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 6:32:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Rohg arms good.  Good quality anodize.  Fit in cncguns.com jig just fine.
Pending HLF mfg but, you have to camp on their website to get one or watch your email for an alert.,

Do you have there website ?

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:56:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Rohg arms good. Good quality anodize. Fit in cncguns.com jig just fine.
Pending HLF mfg but, you have to camp on their website to get one or watch your email for an alert.  Read: have it but haven't cut it yet.

http://www.shop.hlfmanufacturing.com/80-AR-15-Lower-Receiver-1001.htm
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:12:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rohg arms good. Good quality anodize. Fit in cncguns.com jig just fine.
Pending HLF mfg but, you have to camp on their website to get one or watch your email for an alert.  Read: have it but haven't cut it yet.

http://www.shop.hlfmanufacturing.com/80-AR-15-Lower-Receiver-1001.htm

Thanks, of course they are out of stock.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 9:38:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have no comparative information for you but I did buy 5 80% lowers from Billet Rifle Systems. Chris Garrison is the owner and he machines a fine product that mated perfectly to a Colt upper. Wire EDM of the mag well, all holes drilled and threaded with the exception of the fire control group - trigger pin, hammer pin and selector switch. He even threads (and includes the setscrew and pin) for the bolt catch release. The rear extension for the buffer tube is drilled and tapped and the machine work was flawless. I measured.

I also have a lower from him, I love it. Not as fond of the recent redesign however.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:14:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Any 80% lower company that has a billet upper matched to an 80% lower?
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 11:07:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Any 80% lower company that has a billet upper matched to an 80% lower?

Billet Rifle Systems is supposed to have one soon.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top