Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2012 10:13:56 AM EDT
I am new to the building game.  I will be acquiring a stripped lower in the near future, and have a parts kit on order.  I am looking to build a carbine "tacticool" rifle without having to spend money on one setup and then changing out part by part.  I am willing to get 80% of what I want (Looks and accessories wise) if the price is right.

Does anyone have any experience with the "No Name" uppers that are available on websites that broker in firearms?  I am looking for an upper, 16" assembled, ready to be dropped on an assembled lower.  I came across such examples as:

Example 1

and

Example 2

It is in the price range that keeps me looking back at it, but would it be worth it.  I just don't know which way to go.  

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Hope Everyone had a great thanksgiving.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 10:19:29 AM EDT
[#1]
If you buy the parts unassembled for the upper & build it yourself you will probably save money & have exactly what you want. That is the way I did it. part of the fun of a build is researching and finding the parts you want at the best price.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 10:34:03 AM EDT
[#2]
both those are not bad. I end up going with a surplus ammo and arms upper with out a BCG for 279.00 shipped and bought a Spikes tactical BCG locally for 150.00. Don't think one could go wrong with either of those just check the warranty from the supplier.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 10:46:14 AM EDT
[#3]
My problem is that I dont have enough room/expertise to feel confident in building an upper.  A lower?  Easy. An upper?  There is a lot more that seems like it can go wrong.

I am just trying to get in before anything "Politically" happens, and waiting on an upper from someone for 6-8 months just makes my stomach tighten up a bit.  

Thanks for the comments.  If anyone else has any suggestions let me know.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top