Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2012 12:38:53 PM EDT
Ok... I went into this with an $800 budget it mind (without any optics).

So the parts I have ordered and are en route are:

• $499 - Spikes Tactical 16" mid-length upper w/ Spikes Tactical BCG, charging handle and MOE hand guard.

• $149 - PSA lower build kit w/ Magpul STR Stock, MOE grip and MOE trigger guard, buffer tube assembly and PSA lower parts kit

• $  59 - PSA stripped lower receiver

That brings me in at $707-ish (before any optics).  

The Mrs. wanted some Christmas gift ideas for me so I've got a Magpul MBUS Gen2 rear site on my Christmas gift wish-list among other things (like AFG2, ASAP sling plate, single-point sling, roll pin punch set, multi-head hammer...)

Did I do alright for the price?  I'm looking forward to getting all these parts in so I can start the build after Christmas.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 12:51:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:48:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Great start. But I'd ditch the one point sling in favor of a two point. Get an IWC Tri-glide and you have the best of both.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:05:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Great start. But I'd ditch the one point sling in favor of a two point. Get an IWC Tri-glide and you have the best of both.

^^second this^^

dont get a single point unless your looking for a d.i.y. vasectomy., if so, then have at it.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top