Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2012 1:31:29 PM EDT
Have been looking for a 7.62x39 upper.  Any thoughts on this?  http://www.rguns.net/rifles/rifles-semiauto-ar15-uppers-76239-16Inch-A3Heavy.shtml
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 2:51:55 PM EDT
[#1]
try the aim surplus forum, they are selling rguns products
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 3:42:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Search for rguns questions here in the forum...  There have been a number of threads saying 'run away!'.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 6:13:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Search for rguns questions here in the forum...  There have been a number of threads saying 'run away!'.

That's putting it mildly, lol.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Some say run away fast. I have a R guns lower that is nicer
than my PSA lower in every way so I can only go by
what I have. YMMV
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:46:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I can deal with A$$holes as long as their uppers are not crap.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:08:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Running 1 complete rifle, an upper on 1 rifle, and a lower on another 1. Machining and finish are very good. All 3 rifles are consistent and dependable. I deal with them out of convenience as I am local and have never had a problem.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:23:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's putting it mildly, lol.

Why is there a weekly thread asking about r guns...
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Seems like I was more of a bother to thier customer service than a customer.

I am still waiting on my post-election lowers to arrive and when I called to ask if my FFL was received and if the lowers were shipped a couple days later, they couldn't get me off the phone quick enough.  I guess the individual buyer isn't worth the time to them.  In the future I will take my business to someone who actually appreciates it.

Judgement on the actual lowers will follow as I am still waiting on the in-stock ones to arrive at my FFL.

I would say spend a few bucks more somewhere else just out of principal.  My two cents.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:27:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Has anyone searched RGuns?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:35:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Has anyone searched RGuns?

Here was a quick search...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/582739_.html
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:22:48 AM EDT
[#11]
I've never dealt with them directly, but I have bought a lot of their stuff through Aim.  The receivers seem ok, but the anodizing isn't all that durable on the colored sets (this is to be expected; I clear duracoat them to protect the finish).  I'm not sure about the hardening on their triggers, however; there seems to be a lot of wear on the two that I have with only a few thousand rounds on them.  The NiB BCGs are nice, and I like the smiley face on them.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:08:01 PM EDT
[#12]
i purchased a midlength gov profile 16 inch upper from them, the quality of the upper was top notch, no clue what the brand of the parts they used was, but everything broke in properly and runs great with wolf ammo even dirty

thier customer service on the other hand.... sucks...

they said 3 days to come to my door, (they are near chicago and i live in michigan) well 3 days later nothing, so i call them up, some guy answers the phone (he sounded like i was bothering him) i tell them the problem and he replies in a rude tone of voice and he says they are working on it now, well 3 buisness days later after that i do finally get it in the mail

thier customer service certainly sucks and you probably have to call them and "remind" them to get your order out the door, quality of thier product seems great, havent had a single FTF or FTE, got close to 2000 rounds through the upper so far and not a single failure, other then mag problems, but those were mag issues, most of the ammo being wolf brand or tulammo
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:25:33 AM EDT
[#13]
I did do a search and could not find much on info I was wanting.  99% of the posts were about the crappy customer service.  Just like eating a good steak with worthless wait staff.  If it's quality meat, I can deal with the idiot bringing it to me lol.  Thanks for the replies on the fit and finish!  I have had a few people telling me I should just get a stripped upper and go that rout.  This being my first build, I think I'll stick with just putting the lower together and getting a full upper.  Being an old bomb tech, I tend to nibble at a process until I have it down.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top