Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2012 10:10:02 AM EDT
Built my rifle last September. First time taking it out I think I lubed the BCG a little to much. That day I fired about 400 rounds and had probably 15-20 double feeds and I was having issues with the Bolt not locking back on the last round. Since then I havent had any issues until yesterday. Yesterday I went shooting on short notice and quick sprayed some lube on and ran out the door. I shot maybe 300 rounds and was having issues with double feeds and bolt not locking back. Has anyone ever heard of too much lube causing this concern? It is happening with 30rd pmags, 20rd pmags, and brownells stamped mags with magpul enhanced followers. Any guidance would be great. Its a MEGA Arms matched upper and lower with a Daniel Defense LPK and JP 3.5lb springs

Thanks

Edit: mods, if you could please move to troubleshooting, put in wrong forum. Thankyou
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 2:20:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Kind of sounds like it is short stroking to me. I may be wrong though as I am still fairly new to ARs. Is this a different ammo than you normally shoot? May be underpowered
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 5:26:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I was using m855LC to get her heated up then I was testing a couple different had loads I am working up. Most of the malfunctions were with the LC. I might have found the issue. I noticed my mag release wasn't flush so I tightened it one more spin. Mags seem to lock up much better. We will see later this week if it does anything
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 5:48:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Excessive lube does not cause double feeds.
It could cause short stroking or worse at low temperatures.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top