[#1]
Just starting out but do have parts ordered
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:24:35 PM EDT
[#2]
order a camera too

what parts are you ordering?

Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:35:03 PM EDT
[#3]
what size is that rail..???  thats the UTG Pro right..??  what did it cost ya??? if you dont mind me asking...?

what barrel lenght and gas sytem are you going to end up with...   Looks good so far...  i have been thinking of doing a build with the same parts you got so far..

- suprlus arms upper rcvr
- Utg Pro FF rail..

was planning on picking the same stuff up in the next week or soo.. just waiting to pay off some bills and i'l be ordering them after the 1st...
i think those are wise choices if your trying to be cost efective..!!!

keep us posted and keep the pics comming...

and gives us the specs of what your planning on building....   i'm sure you will get lots of people chimming in with comments and opinions..
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 5:30:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually I do have a camera. Just happened to be in my truck when I wanted to shoot the pics. The pictures were taken from my cell phone. Even if I didn't I would much rather spend the money on ammo or gun parts...

Link Posted: 1/27/2012 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I have ordered the following: 16 inch carbine length stainless steel spiral fluted bull barrel, lo pro gas block, and my BCG from AR15depot.com
                                               fully assembled aero precision lower from surplusammo.com as is where i got my upper from
                                               hand guard is a UTG MTU 006 13 inch free float from thecountryshed.com paid like 97 including shipping
                                               charging handle is a taclatch which is great because i am a left hand shooter
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 5:51:08 PM EDT
[#6]
That CH is.. Interesting..

Otherwise looks like it'll be a fun boom stick.
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 7:14:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I like it the larger part on the right hand side actually allows you to just pull back to charge rather than pulling a button to charge. here is a link to a youtube video of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GSNBLeJ6Z0
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#8]
all sounds good and seems like its going to be a real nice rifle once its all built up...

i have question for you though...  Why on Earth would you go with a Carbine lenght Gas system if your going to be covering it with a 13" rail anyway...???

it just makes more sense to use a midlenght Gas sytem under the rifle lenght rail...  the carbine gas sytem works well and all but the midlenght would run a lttel smoother IMO... and if its all getting put under a rail might as well run a longer gas sytem...

DONT get me Wrong a carbine gas sytem will run but it runs a little hot and a little ruff...

just seems like a midlength would have been a better option...

is there any reason you choose the other???
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 7:52:30 PM EDT
[#9]
not really any other reason than having the option to put a shorter rail on if i wanted to in the future.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:49:42 PM EDT
[#10]
http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t388/piredneck7/DSC00212.jpg

finished my build yesterday and i am quite happy with it. ended up having to order a low profile gas block to fit under my free float. got it from midway USA. Any comments or questions feel free
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top