Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/10/2011 7:03:43 PM EDT
Down to the last 2 parts to make my first full carbine assembly complete. I only need a low pro gas block & tube to fit under a troy TRX E on a centurian arms 16" midlength barrel to test fire before I go further into looking for sights.

I'd like to find either a Troy or YHM clamp on gas block and a midlength gas tube from the same dealer. I've checked most of the dealers in the industry forum but I haven't found any that offer the combo I'm looking for. The ones that stock the gas tubes, only have the set screw blocks. Or some other combination.

I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction? I'd just rather not place 2 separate orders from 2 different places if I could avoid it.

This will be my third AR, but the first I assembled from the ground up using individually bought parts. I'm so close, and getting kinda excited!

Thanks in advance for any help or input.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 4:55:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Bravo Company has what you need in one shopping session.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 4:57:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Spikes does too, as well as Midway, and Brownells.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 4:08:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. Midway had the receiver block I needed on sale for $35 so I went with them. I can't believe I didn't check there before I posted.

Link Posted: 3/11/2011 4:26:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

except they are always sold out of everything
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#5]
PKFirearms & Palmetto off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 3:37:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

except they are always sold out of everything

They currently have gas blocks & gas tubes in stock which is why I answered the OP's question with BCM.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 4:07:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Palmetto
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 5:15:30 AM EDT
[#8]
BCM, PK, Palmetto off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:28:58 AM EDT
[#9]
And don't make the stupid mistake I made recently.  I ordered a lo-profile gas block and a gas tube.  Forgot to order the roll pin!  A member here sent me a couple gratis.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:54:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
And don't make the stupid mistake I made recently.  I ordered a lo-profile gas block and a gas tube.  Forgot to order the roll pin!  A member here sent me a couple gratis.

Most places I've ordered gas tubes from include the pin although don't mention so on their website. I've since accumulated a couple extra.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:47:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

When I placed the order that was the ONE thing that was out of stock! I know of a dealer locally that generally stocks small parts like that, I plan on calling him tomorrow to verify he has roll pins in stock in case one isn't included.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:57:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I found that midway is alsow sold out of thing you need and and brownells too. I got majority of my stuff from Modeld 1, Spikes  and BCM, they both are great people and good prices as well.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:37:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Order came in today. For future reference for anyone else, Midway does NOT include the roll pin with either the gas block or the gas tube.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top