Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2009 5:05:20 PM EDT
is it illeagle to mod a lowwer???? im no talking full out but im mean grind of the ears were the safty is to test a new product im designing????

Scott
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:07:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think that will be a problem since the Cav Arms lowers do not have those "ears."
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:07:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Grind away. It's cool.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:43:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks

Scott
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:55:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
is it illeagle to mod a lowwer???? im no talking full out but im mean grind of the ears were the safty is to test a new product im designing????

Scott

"im no talking full out"
im my opinion you should not change any part of your lower.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:24:27 PM EDT
[#5]
As long as you are not drilling a little hole above the safety or drilling other such holes to change the function of the rifle (meaning anything other than semi-automatic) I'd say go for it.....but you have to show and tell.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:33:01 PM EDT
[#6]
sounds like hes going to do a galil type saftey to me
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:34:45 AM EDT
[#7]
as long as you dont modify it into somthing the atf would consider a title 2 weapon then you are OK. this is assuming you dont have a form 1 for a title 2 weapon.  if you have a form 1 then you can modify it into whatever the form 1 is approved for.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:42:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Grind away. Many people drill Mauser recievers all the time. Whats the diff?
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:47:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Scott

Colt has drunk monkeys grind theirs off, so you should be OK.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top