Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 1:35:32 PM EDT
I need a bolt catch spring and plunger. Somehow, my dumb ass forgot to put it in when I was building my lower and just today after shooting, I noticed it missing. I know I can get these small parts from practically anywhere, but I know they'll rape me on the shipping. Other than ordering something else to make shipping worth it, is there anything else I can do? Thx
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:11:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I would check Midway––-pick up an extra mag or 2 to meet the $25 minimum––check the USPS option for shipping––out the door for $30 or so––-your needed parts and a couple more mags––––everybody always needs more mags––-right??
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:13:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I would check Midway––-pick up an extra mag or 2 to meet the $25 minimum––check the USPS option for shipping––out the door for $30 or so––-your needed parts and a couple more mags––––everybody always needs more mags––-right??

Thx man. And yes, we always could use more mags!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:12:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I use Midway a lot for small parts.  The nice thing is you know from the start if it is in stock.  They are fast and you can use USPS.

However, I did an order with RRA last week.  I bought 50 springs and detents @ .50 each.  That one part was $1.19 each at Midway.  They shipped it pretty quick by UPS.  Now I don't know if I got lucky on this one, but there was no shipping charge.
My total order for the 50 springs/detents, a delta ring assembly, a carbine gas tube and two gas tube roll pins was $48.

Over all individual lower parts are cheaper at RRA than they are at Midway for DPMS.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:34:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered a spring from RRA and it cost me all of .90 with shipping so just shop around.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:13:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies fellas. Wen with Midway, got the spring and plunger for .99 and .89 cents plus a 20rd pmag(black), and a primer pocket uniformer tool. 43.17 shipped
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top