Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2009 5:05:12 PM EDT
I have a question.... I think I know the answer  but I want to make sure.

I have a Bushy M4gery and want to replace the collapsable stock with a Magpul.  I had always read that Bushy's were milspec but I am looking at the tube and the back is slightly slanted.  That is commerical right?  I measure it but I only have a ruler and is is 1 2/16.  Which I guess could be either.  Does any know if for the most part Bushy buffer tubes are commercial???

thanks
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:06:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I've always heard that Bushmasters are commercial tubes.

I have a Bushmaster as well.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:21:35 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks!

that what I thought based on the slanted end.

Just wanted to confirm.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:24:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I ordered a CTR stock a couple weeks ago.  Waiting for those backorders.  haha
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:21:23 PM EDT
[#5]
If I recall, CRT is offered to fit either commercial or milspec tubes.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:45:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a question.... I think I know the answer  but I want to make sure.

I have a Bushy M4gery and want to replace the collapsable stock with a Magpul.  I had always read that Bushy's were milspec but I am looking at the tube and the back is slightly slanted.  That is commerical right?  I measure it but I only have a ruler and is is 1 2/16.  Which I guess could be either.  Does any know if for the most part Bushy buffer tubes are commercial???

thanks

I have a comercial tube that measures 1-3/16,(3 cm) threads and tube, but my bushmaster collapsible wont fit on it.......way too tight.

but the bushamster stock is on a tube that seems to be just like yours, approx. 1- 2/16(2.9cm) and the threads are 1-3/16, that sounds like mil spec to me......maybe  I am wrong, certainly I am no stock/tube expert.

but if all bushmaster stocks were commercial then I ask why dont my bushy stock slide on the commercial tube?

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top