Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2008 8:14:35 AM EDT
This is for all those industry and dealer partners on this site.  I think someone needs to sell an "AR builder's tool kit".  

My ideal kit would include:

Good armorer's wrench such as the DPMS unit
Pivot Pin Tool
Roll Pin punches for the common AR roll pins
upper and lower receiver vise blocks

An assortment of springs and detents for those OOPS moments would also be included.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:24:50 AM EDT
[#1]
bushmaster sells something like that as their "Armorer's Tool Kit"...
SAW sells a similar "Colt Armorer's package"

the only specialty tools are the armorer's block and wrench... the rest can be found at any hardware store

IMO if you are having "OOPS" moments, you aren't building enough AR's to make such a kit worth the $$$
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:05:10 AM EDT
[#2]
If you're having a lot of oops moments, the first item on your list should be a heavy duty clear plastic bag.

As someone who purchased one of the Bushmaster Armorer's kits early on in my AR experience, I can definitely say that the money would have been better spent if I had purchased the items as the need arose and bought exactly what I needed.

Out of the spares included with the kit the only thing I have ever used in twelve years or so was an A1 rear sight aperture spring.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:06:41 AM EDT
[#3]
If my local shops are any indication, roll pin punches must be illegal, because NO ONE carries them.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:09:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If my local shops are any indication, roll pin punches must be illegal, because NO ONE carries them.

lowe's, home depot, and sears all sell sets of roll pin punches that work for the AR... so does most of those bargain tool places like harbor freight...

stop looking at gun shops and go to tool stores...
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:04:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Brownell's. Brownell's, Brownell's.......nuff said....
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:44:25 PM EDT
[#6]
he he he

I'm proud to say I live more than 2 hours from the nearest wal-mart, and home cheapo and Lowes are distant rumors...

No roll pin punches in my county that I've been able to find, and I always forget to buy them when I order from midway or brownells.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top